We require that you read this booking information to ensure you know what to expect on the day of your tattoo.
You will sign a consent form and provide photo ID when you arrive for your booking. Signing this consent form indicates that you have read and agreed to all booking information, and have correctly followed each instruction.
We cannot legally tattoo you, regardless of your age, without providing original photographic ID. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you arrive at your appointment with no photographic ID your deposit will not be refunded and your booking will be cancelled.
We accept valid original 18+ cards, your drivers licence or passports.
If you forget your ID we will not except a digital photograph/photocopy.
Your appointment will be rescheduled and you will forfeit your deposit if you do not provide your ID.
Before Your Tattoo
- Your artist will endeavour to complete your drawing/sketch for your tattoo as soon as they can prior to your booking, though due to the high volume of drawings each artist needs to complete this time may vary. If you would like your drawing sooner please let us know as our artists are very busy and prioritising your drawing before another client will require a drawing fee.
An email reminder will be sent to you 48 hours before your booking. If you need to reschedule or cancel please let us know when you get this reminder, this will be your last chance to change or cancel your booking. Deposits are non-refundable.
- As we are moving into flu season please let us know as soon as any flu symptoms present and we can reschedule your appointment. We reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you arrive with flu-like symptoms, as being unwell can dramatically affect the healing process and the health and well-being of our artists and staff.
Any minor changes to your design can be made before the booking but any major changes with short notice may require rescheduling your booking depending on your artist's schedule for the day.
Please arrive 10 mins earlier than your booking so you have time to fill out our consent form.
Make sure you bring photographic ID, we cannot tattoo you if you do not have ID. Not presenting your ID will result in a forfeited deposit and we will have to reschedule your booking.
Do not consume any drugs or alcohol 24 hours before your booking. This can affect the tattoo process, resulting in excessive bleeding and make the tattoo much more painful. Your tattoo artist may not be able to continue the tattoo and may have to reschedule your appointment.
Make sure you have eaten within 3 hours before your appointment, that you are hydrated and well rested. Low blood sugar from not eating and dehydration can cause lightheadedness while you are being tattooed.
- Please refrain from taking any blood thinning medications, including but not limited to, Nurofen, fish oil, aspirin 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please let admin know immediately if you are taking (or have recently taken) prescription medication that will limit your ability to heal your tattoo, including but not limited to: accutane, antibiotics, topical steroids, thyroid medication. It's within our duty of care to make sure we are doing no harm to our clients by tattooing them with any contraindications that may affect the process and healing of the tattoo. For this reason, if you arrive to our appointment having taken these medications recently we will have to reschedule your appointment and you risk forfeiting your deposit.
Make sure you are not sun burnt in the area that will be tattooed. I cannot tattoo over sunburn. If you come to your appointment sunburnt and we have to reschedule you will lose your deposit
Ensure you are one hundred percent happy with your tattoo design and placement of your tattoo - your artist can move the stencil before the tattoo is started but not after. We will not be held responsible if you change your mind during or after your tattoo.
During Your Tattoo
Once you are happy with the placement of the stencil and design, your artist will begin the tattoo process.
Prepare yourself mentally and stay hydrated, tattoos can hurt so you want to ensure you can sit through it.
If you are struggling with pain let your artist know, they will do their best to make you as comfortable as possible.
With the integrity of your new tattoo in mind, please make sure that you are consciously sitting as still as possible while your artist is working.
If you need a break, to get up and stretch or go to the toilet please let your artist know.
Your artist will usually take a photo of the tattoo which they (your artist) and we (Fox & Moon) may use for social media promotion. If you do not wish for us to use your tattoo in our marketing please advise us while you fill out your consent form.
Your artist will guide you to the counter where you can purchase aftercare, or any of our merchandise as-well as pay for your tattoo.
Here’s some extra info you should know also:
Deposits are held until your final session and will come off the cost of your final session.
You will be given clear aftercare instructions and will be emailed a link after your appointment.
We accept cash and eftpos for all payments.
Please follow ALL instructions. Failure to do so can result in the tattoo not healing correctly and you will forfeit any free touch ups.
We offer free touch ups on tattoos if needed and if our aftercare instructions have been followed. Your touch up must be booked in within 3 months of your original tattoo booking to qualify. If booked outside of this time frame you must pay for your touch up.
If your tattoo artist is sick or needs to reschedule your appointment, we reserve the right to do so. You will be contacted asap to avoid any unnecessary travel time. We understand that you may have taken time off work for you appointment, so we will always endeavour to find the most suitable time for you and your artist to reschedule.
COVID-19 PROCEDURAL UPDATES
- If you are feeling unwell or know anyone who has been experiencing flu-like symptoms please contact the studio ASAP to reschedule.
- We reserve the right to reschedule your booking should you arrive at your appointment with flu or cold-like symptoms.
- No walk-ins or face-to-face consultations will be accepted at this time as to adhere to restrictions placed around the number of people present in our shop at one time.
- Please wear your own mask (if possible) to your appointment and use the hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes upon entry
- Please maintain a 1.5m distance between yourself and other clients where possible
- In accordance with new restrictions, you will be required to provide your full name, contact number and address upon arrival to facilitate contact tracing.
**PLEASE NOTE: all deposits are non-refundable.**