Well flu season is among us once again here in Queensland, Australia when the temperature drops and statistics show that flu numbers are up higher in Brisbane this year than last year, so what does this mean if you are planning on getting tattooed ?
Tattoos are a fresh wound caused by the needle penetrating the skin, and this means our body uses it's energy and resources to protect and heal the fresh wound. If you have a cold or flu then then your body is already fighting an infection which can lead to the infection spreading to the tattoo and cause complications in the healing process.
Although it can be frustrating when you have an appointment booked in and you become struck down with a cold or flu we urge you to please contact us as soon as possible so we can reschedule your appointment.
Early signs of the flu can include cough, sore throat, sinusitis or fever.
Health and safety of our clients and staff are of upmost importance to us, we would hate for a simple tattoo to turn into health complications for you and we don't want any infections to spread throughout our studio to our artists and staff.
If you cancel or reschedule your appointment within 48 hours of your appointment you will forfeit you deposit as per our terms so once again we urge you to contact us and let us know if you feel you are or might be getting sick.
Our artists can also become sick with the flu too and may need to cancel your appointment, although we will always try to accomodate please bear in mind this can sometimes happen.
If you do become sick here are some common tips to keep it contained and fight off the infection as soon as possible.
- Good hygiene is one of the best ways to help prevent flu and other illnesses from spreading.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Throw used tissues in the bin immediately.
- Avoid sharing
- Don't share cups, plates, cutlery and towels with other people, if you can.
- Clean surfaces such as your keyboard, phone and door handles regularly to get rid of germs.
- Self-care at home. Stay in if you can and look after yourself. Resting is the best medicine.
Fox & Moon Tattoo
Brisbane Tattoo Studio